- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Beat egg well and add to butter mixture.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Stir the sifted ingredients into the butter and egg mixture, then knead the dough on a lightly floured surface.
- It should remain soft and spongy.
- If the dough seems heavy, sprinkle it lightly with water and knead it a second time.
- Pat the pastry into place, leaving a generous over-hang of dough around the rim of the pie pan.
- This is later folded over the filling to make a wide band of top crust around the edge of the pie.
- Place filling in the pastry shell, and brush the top crust with egg, well beaten.
- Cover the pie tightly with aluminum foil and place it in the pre-heated oven.
- Remove the foil fifteen minutes later, but continue baking the pie an additional half-hour, or until the crust is golden.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.