In Romanian: Tort de nuci
Filling I Edit
Filling II Edit
- 14 oz / 400 g butter
- 3 yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or grated peel from 1 lemon or ¼ cup rum
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- Whip the 10 egg whites, then add the sugar, beating continuously.
- When the Sugar has melted, add the ground walnuts and fold in gently.
- Pour some of the resulting mixture into the baking pan that was covered with buttered paper.
- The layer must be about 1 finger thick.
- The number of sheets depends on the size of the pan.
- After baking each sheet individually, let cool.
- Then spread with the desired cream (chocolate, butter, etc.) and arrange one on top of the other. Glaze with the desired icing.
- The most appropriate fillings for this cake are the following.