Makes about 2 ½ to 3 dozen.
Dry Ingredients Edit
Wet Ingredients Edit
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds [optional: makes cookie chewy]
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix together flour, baking soda, salt, and spices.
- In separate bowl, mix together sugar and oil.
- Then add pumpkin and vanilla (and flax seeds, if using).
- Keep mixing until combined very well.
- In 3 batches, fold in dry ingredients into wet mixture – keep folding until combined.
- Fold in walnuts.
- Grease baking sheets or use parchment paper on baking sheets.
- Drop by tablespoon onto cookie sheets.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes.
- Place on cooling rack.