Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group. This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- pastry for one 9" pie crust
- 5 cups fresh blueberries
- 5 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons flour
- 1½ teaspoons butter or margarine
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Roll out pastry 1 inch wider all around than outer rim of pie pan. Fit pastry into pan.
- Make a high, stand-up rim; flute edges. Prick sides and bottom of pastry with a fork.
- Bake in a preheated oven (375 F) until golden; 10–12 minutes; cool.
- In a medium saucepan, combine 2 cups of the blueberries, both sugars, flour, butter, salt, and lemon juice.
- Cook and stir over low heat until mixture boils and thickens. Cool.
- Stir in remaining 3 cups of blueberries and the vanilla extract.
- Spoon into prepared pie shell and refrigerate until firm; about 4 hours.
- Serve with vanilla-flavored whipped cream, if desired.