Jeanne has provided a very tasty Lemon Bars recipe that, as it turns out, appears to be an Omani dessert. Her recipe is for only half the size, and without a glaze. Should yield two dozen.
- 1 cup of flour
- ¼ cup of confectioner's sugar
- ½ cup of butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 tbsp of flour
- ½ tsp of baking powder
- 1 tbsp of fresh lemon rind
- 2 tbsp of fresh lemon juice
- confectioner's sugar
- Combine flour and confectioner's sugar.
- Cut in butter with pastry blender.
- Press into 8" square pan, to form crust.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes.
- Beat eggs until foamy.
- Blend in sugar, flour, baking powder, lemon rind and juice; mix well.
- Pour over crust.
- Continue baking 20–25 minutes.
- Dust with confectioner's sugar.
- Cut into bars.