- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 13-by-9-by-2-inch baking pan.
- Sift flour with baking powder.
- In large bowl with clean beaters, beat egg whites until frothy.
- Add Sugar gradually, beating to form stiff peaks.
- Add yolks, 1 at a time.
- Slowly add flour and milk.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake until edges are golden brown, about 40 to 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool on a rack.
- Prepare Topping.
- Pour Topping over cake and let sit until all the mixture is absorbed, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Prepare Meringue and refrigerate.
- Before serving, cut cake into squares and spread Meringue over each.
- Garnish as desired with fresh Berries and mint leaves.
- Combine milks and sour cream (do not beat).
- Use as directed.
- Heat water in a saucepan. Add Sugar and turn off heat.
- Let sit until Sugar is dissolved.
- In clean electric mixer bowl with clean beaters, beat egg whites.
- Slowly pour sugar syrup over egg whites, beating constantly until meringue holds stiff peaks.
- Store in refrigerator.
- This can be served immediately but is best made 24 hours ahead and chilled.
- The meringue will keep, covered, 2 days in the refrigerator.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.