- 2½ cups flour, soft
- ¼ cup fresh butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons water
- Grate the flour with the butter, then add the salt, the lemon juice and the water little by little.
- Knead all the ingredients until you have a smooth mixture.
- Leave the dough to rest for approximately 1 hour.
- Grate the almond kernels and add the sugar and the cinnamon.
- Pour some rosewater, as much as is necessary in order to shape them.
- Roll open the dough with the rolling pin to make a thin phyllo.
- Cut the phyllo into small square pieces approximately 5x8 cm, then moist them with some water using a brush.
- Place on each square piece one teaspoon of stuffing and roll the phyllo into a strip.
- Pinch, using a fork, the two sides of the strip so the stuffing will remain in the roll.
- In a large skillet, warm plenty of oil with the orange peel, then once the peel turns dark remove it and fry in a high temperature at first then medium later until the "fingers" turn golden brown.
- Remove them with a fork and place them on absorbent paper and preserve them warm.
- Boil in a pot for 5 minutes the sugar with the water then pour the honey with some lemon juice and stir until the honey melts.
- Sink the "fingers" in the warm syrup for a few minutes and remove.