Makes 12 Brownies
Dry Ingredients Edit
Wet Ingredients Edit
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 package Mori-Nu silken lite firm tofu
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup European processed cocoa powder
Optional garnish Edit
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut a piece of wax paper to fit in bottom of 8-inch square baking pan.
- With paper removed, grease bottom and sides of pan with vegetable shortening.
- Place wax paper on top of greased pan bottom and grease top of wax paper.
- In food processor fitted with metal chopping blade, process all dry ingredients.
- Empty into small bowl and set aside.
- Place all wet ingredients in work bowl and process until smooth, scraping the bowl sides occasionally.
- Add dry mixture all at once.
- Pulse to blend until dry ingredients are just moistened.
- Scrape mixture into prepared pan; sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake for 22 minutes or until brownies pull away from sides.
- Let cool for 15 minutes before turning out.
Nutritional information Edit
Per brownie: 121 calories, 3.4 g protein, 25 g carbohydrates, 1 g fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 80 mg sodium