- 3/4 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup finely chopped peeled
- 1/2 cup Raisins
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon
- all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt, optional
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp liquid sweetener
- In a large saucepan, combine dates, Apples, Raisins and water.
- Bring to a boil; simmer for 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; cool.
- Combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt if desired.
- Stir into Apple mixture and mix well.
- Combine eggs and sweetener; add to batter.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a nonstick baking sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for 10-12 minutes.
Yield: 2 dozen.
Diabetic exchanges: one serving (prepared without added salt) equals ½ starch, ½ fruit; also 54 calories, 24 mg sodium, 18 mg cholesterol, 11 gm carbohydrate, 1 gm protein, 1 gm fat.