Ready to use strawberry glaze sold in 15½ ounce jars in your supermarket can be used in place of glaze given above. You will then need only 1 pint of fresh berries.
- Yield: 6 servings.
- 1 x 8-inch baked pie shell
- 2 pints California strawberries, washed and hulled
- ½ cup sugar
- dash salt
- 1½ tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup milk
- Slice enough berries to make 1 cup.
- Place sliced berries in saucepan with sugar, salt and ¼-cup water.
- Bring to boil.
- Cook 3 minutes; remove from heat.
- Mix cornstarch and ¼ cup cold water.
- Stir into berries.
- Return to heat and cook, stirring, until thick (about 2 minutes).
- Add lemon juice.
- Cool to room temperature.