This one is simple and delicious. Serve it warm.
- Contributed by Lindas Busy Kitchen Desserts Y-Group
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1½ cups sliced fresh strawberries
- In a large bowl, combine 1 cup flour, ½ cup sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, beat the egg, milk and melted butter.
- Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- Top with strawberries.
- Combine ½ cup each flour and sugar in a bowl; cut in butter until crumbly.
- Stir in pecans if desired; sprinkle over strawberries.
- Bake at 375°F for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cut into squares; serve warm.