- 2 tbsp margarine
- ½ cup graham cracker crumbs
- 8 oz low-fat cottage cheese
- ⅓ cup evaporated skim milk 
- 1½ tbsp unflavored gelatin - (1½ pkg)
- 2 tbsp sugar, divided
- ½ cup orange juice
- ½ tsp orange, rind grated
- 2 egg, whites
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 cup strawberries, crushed
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Melt margarine in 9 inch pan.
- Add crumbs, mix.
- Press mixture over bottom of pan.
- Bake 5 to 7 minutes. Cool.
- Sieve cottage cheese or puree in blender.
- Add milk and stir until smooth. Chill.
- In saucepan, mix 1 ½ tb gelatin and 1 tbsp sugar.
- Add juice and rind.
- Heat over low heat, stirring constantly until gelatin is dissolved.
- Remove from heat.
- Let stand at room temperature.
- In medium bowl beat egg whites with salt until stiff.
- Fold in gelatin and cottage cheese.
- Pour over crumbs.
- Refrigerate until set before adding glaze.
- Glaze mix remaining gelatin (½ tbsp) with water and 1 tbsp sugar.
- Heat until gelatin is dissolved.
- Stir in strawberries.
- Pour mixture over cheesecake and spread with spatula.
- Refrigerate until firm.
Nutritional information Edit
⅛ recipe, 120 calories, ½ starch, 1 lean meat, ½ fruit exchange 7.8 gm protein, 4.1 gm fat, 13.4 gm carbohydrate, 253.6 mg sodium, 207.2 mg potassium, 1.2 gm fiber, 3 mg cholesterol.