- Serves 12
- 2 cups sliced rhubarb
- 3 Red Delicious apples
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons tapioca
- Combine the filling ingredients, except the tapioca, with ½ cup water in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Simmer about 12 minutes.
- Stir in the tapioca and let cool. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Using 6 sheets of phyllo for each strudel, spread each sheet with butter, sprinkle with nuts and stack.
- Spoon half the filling along the long edge of each stack.
- Fold the edges over to enclose the filling and roll up, jelly-roll fashion.
- Place on a greased baking sheet.
- Brush the tops with butter.
- With a sharp knife cut four slits in each strudel.
- Bake 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool at least 15 minutes before slicing.