Fruit and Vegetable Recipes I by the South Carolina Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 5-6
- 6 cups cooking apples, peeled, cored & sliced
- ½ cup unsifted all-purpose flour
- ½ cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup butter or margarine
- Place apple slices in 2-quart (8 x 8) glass baking dish.
- Combine flour, oats, sugar and cinnamon in medium mixing bowl.
- Cut in butter until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over apples.
- Microwave on high (6) for 14 to 16 minutes or until apples are tender.