Fruit and Vegetable Recipes II by the South Carolina Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 6-8
- ½ cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 cup milk
- 4 cups sliced, peaches
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- Melt butter in 1½ quart casserole dish.
- Mix sugar, flour, and milk.
- Stir thoroughly.
- Pour mixture over butter without stirring.
- Add peaches to mixture and sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Bake at 350°F for 35 to 40 minutes or until top is slightly brown and crusty.
- Serve hot or cold with ice cream or whipped cream.