Pumpkin Bread II from the Wikibooks Cookbook—original source of recipe, licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Serves: 16
- 4 eggs
- 1 cups canola oil
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin purée
- 3 cups sugar
- 3½ cups flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1½ teaspoons nutmeg
- 2 tablespoon raw pumpkin seeds, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Butter and lightly flour 2 medium loaf pans (8½ by 4½ by 2½ inches).
- Using a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine eggs, oil, pumpkin and sugar until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, soda, salt, allspice, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- With the machine on low speed, add the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture in ¼-cup increments.
- Scrape down the side of the bowl and mix for another 30 seconds or so, until all ingredients are well-combined.
- Divide the mixture equally between the 2 loaf pans.
- Sprinkle the top of each loaf with 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes until a tester inserted into the center of each loaf comes out clean.
- Allow loaves to cool in the pans for 5 to 10 minutes before unmolding, then allow loaves to cool on a wire rack to room temperature before cutting or wrapping.