This recipe taken from www.Portuguese-recipes.com
- ¼ cup of corn oil margarine
- ½ cup of sugar
- ½ cup of liquid egg substitute
- 1 cup of light sour cream
- 1 tsp. of baking soda
- 1 tsp. of vanilla
- 1and½ cups of flour
- 1and ½ tsp of baking powder
- ½ cup of walnuts
- ¼ cup of sugar
- 2 tsp of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream together margarine, ½ cup of sugar until fluffy add the egg.
- In a separate bowl mix sour cream and baking soda.
- Add to the first mix.
- Mix in vanilla then flour and baking powder.
- Combine walnuts, the ¼ cup of sugar, and cinnamon.
- Stir half into batter mix.
- Pour batter into a 9" sq. baking pan.
- Sprinkle remaining nut mixture on the top.