Fruit filling Edit
Sponge cake roll Edit
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 10x15" jelly roll pan.
- Cover with greased wax paper.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg whites with an electric mixer at high speed until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add ⅓ cup of granulated sugar, beating until stiff peaks form.
- In a small bowl, beat egg yolks with an electric mixer at high speed until thick and lemon-colored (about 5 minutes).
- Gradually add the remaining ⅓ cup of sugar, beating constantly.
- Stir in lemon juice.
- Gently fold the egg yolk mixture into the egg-white mixture.
- Sift together potato starch, matzo cake meal and salt.
- Gently fold the dry ingredients, half at a time, into the egg mixture until just blended.
- Spread batter evenly in jelly-roll pan and bake 15 minutes or until cake tests done (wooden toothpick inserted in center will come out clean).
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Turn out of pan onto a clean,cotton kitchen towel that has been sprinkled generously with ⅓ cup confectioners sugar.
- Roll up the cake and twirl together from the long end.
- Let cool completely.
- Refrigerate (rolled up) while you prepare filling.
Fruit filling Edit
- Place 1 cup non-dairy topping in a bowl (reserve 1 cup for icing) and fold in sliced strawberries and kiwi.
To assemble Edit
- Unroll sponge cake and spread fruit-cream filling evenly over cake.
- Roll cake very carefully and place on ungreased cookie sheet, seam side down.
- Cover with clear wrap and refrigerate.
- Just before serving, ice to and sides of filled cake with reserved topping.
- Garnish with sliced kiwi, whole strawberries and mint leaves.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.