Dessert Recipes by the South Carolina Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 18
- 1 cup chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs (about 10 cookies with icing)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or margarine
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate mini morsels, divided
- 2 8-ounce packages of cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup undiluted evaporated milk
- Combine cookie crumbs and butter in medium bowl; stir until moistened.
- Press 2 teaspoons of mixture into each of 18 greased, paper-lined muffin cups.
- Sprinkle evenly with ½ cup morsels.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in large mixer bowl until smooth.
- Beat in eggs and floor.
- Gradually beat in evaporated milk.
- Pour into muffin cups, filling ¾ full.
- Bake in preheated 300°F.
- Oven for 25 minutes or until set.
- Cool on wire racks for 10 minutes; chill for 2 hours or until firm.
- Microwave remaining morsels in small, heavy-duty plastic bag on high (100 percent) power for 1 minute; knead.
- Microwave an additional 10 to 20 seconds intervals,; knead until smooth.
- Snip tiny corner off plastic bag; pipe over tops of cheesecakes.