Mixed Fruit, Canned by the US Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 8
- 1 x 15-ounce can fruit cocktail
- ½ cup quick rolled oats
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup butter or margarine
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Drain mixed fruit and set aside.
- Lightly grease an 8 or 9 -inch baking pan. Place the mixed fruit on the bottom of the pan.
- In a smaller bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients. Cut in the butter or margarine with a pastry blender. Sprinkle mixture over mixed fruit filling.
- Bake for 30–35 minutes in conventional oven; serve warm.