Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temp
- 1 cup, packed, golden brown sugar,
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp ground pepper
- 1 x 12 oz pkg chocolate chips
- Using electric mixer, beat butter and sugar in large bowl until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, then vanilla.
- Sift next 6 ingredients over butter mixture.
- Beat just until blended.
- Mix in chips.
- Refrigerate dough until cold, at least 1 hour, and up to 1 day.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly butter 2 large baking sheets.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto sheets, spacing 1½ inches apart.
- Bake cookies until golden brown but still soft to the touch, about 10 minutes.
- For crisper cookies, bake 12 minutes.
- Let stand on sheets 3 minutes.
- Transfer cookies to racks and cool.