Red Cookies from Mars!
The red Martian Cookies are a prized possession or recipe, at least on Mars. You can learn how to make them, too. It not require an extreme amount of work to make, and a great project to do with your kids. You can color them any color you want, or color each batch a different color, making a whole set that will make your eyes water. The White chocolate tastes like toffee, when baked.
- 2½ cups of pure unbleached flour
- 1 cup of white granulated sugar
- ⅔ cup of brown sugar (Your choice of color depending on how much molasses wanted)
- 1 teaspoon salt, kosher suggested
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 sticks of unsalted and melted butter
- 2 eggs, large, both yolk and whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup of white chocolate chips
- 20-25 drops of red food coloring (optional)
- Preheat Oven to 350°F.
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda in a small bowl.
- Create a mix of the cinnamon, ginger, cloves and nutmeg in another bowl.
- Beat butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and vanilla in a larger bowl, and slowly add while stirring the spices.
- Beat until creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time after spices completely merge with wet ingredients.
- Add the flour mixture slowly.
- When mixture becomes smooth, add the white chocolate chips and then drop in the food coloring.
- Stir for a final time, and put in oven for 10 – 12 minutes, or until a darker crimson or pink, depending on how much food coloring was added.