- 6 oz semisweet chocolate
- ½ cup hot water
- 4 each egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ⅔ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 each icing sugar
- In large heatproof bowl set over hot water, melt chocolate with water, stirring until smooth.
- Remove from heat; let cool slightly.
- Whisk in egg whites and vanilla.
- Stir together sugar, flour, baking powder and salt; stir into chocolate batter just until combined.
- Pour into lightly greased 8 in.
- Square cake pan.
- Bake in 350f oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until edges pull away from pan.
- Let cool on rack; dust with icing sugar.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving: about 110 calories, 2 g protein, 4 g fat, 19 g carbohydrate