Prep Time: 1 hour, 20 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Yields: two breads of 750 grams each
Danish Finax.com mix sold in Ikea Taiwan consisting of plain flour, wholemeal rye flour, rye fibers, malt (from barley), wheat gluten, salt, sugar, fermented rye flour, dextrose, freeze dried lingonberries (0.3%) and rape lecithin
- 1000 g flour mix (described above)
- 14 g or 4 teaspoons instant yeast
- 600 ml water at 40°C / 105°F
- Save 50 ml of the flour for kneading.
- Mix the rest of the flour with instant yeast.
- Add water.
- Mix and knead the dough in a bowl for 10 minutes.
- Let dough rise under moist baking cloth for 30 minutes.
- Knead the dough on a board for 10 minutes.
- Shape into two loaves.
- Place on a baking tray or into two greased bread tins.
- Let dough rise for another 30 minutes, covered by a moist baking cloth.
- Spray the loaves with water.
- Make shallow diagonal slashes in the bread with a sharp knife.
- Bake in the bottom of the oven at 200°C / 400°F for 35 to 40 minutes.