- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Grease a baking sheet.
- Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a large bowl.
- Cut in margarine until the mixture is the consistency of large grains of sand. I like to use my hands to rub the margarine into the flour.
- Stir in poppy seeds, lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Combine the soy milk and water, and gradually stir into the dry ingredients until the batter is moistened, but still thick like biscuit dough.
- You may not need all of the liquid.
- Spoon ¼ cup sized plops of batter onto the greased baking sheet so they are about 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes the preheated oven, until golden.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.