Yield: 36 servings (36 cookies)
- ⅔ cup vegetable oil
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup egg whites
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp grated fresh or finely chopped dried lemon rind
- 1 tsp lemon flavoring
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1½ cup crispy rice cereal
- Place oil and brown sugar in a mixer bowl in a mixer bowl and mix at medium speed until creamy.
- Add egg whites, lemon juice, rind and flavoring, and mix at medium speed to blend well.
- Stir flour, oatmeal, baking powder, and baking soda together to blend well; add to creamy mixture while beating a medium speed.
- Stir in cereal.
- Drop by the tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheets left ungreased or lined with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 350°F for 8 to 10 minutes, or until cookies are lightly browned.
- Remove them to a wire rack and cool to room temperature.
Nutritional information Edit
Food exchanges per serving: ⅔ starch/bread exchange + 1 fat exchange calories: 87, cho: 11g, pro: 1g, fat: 4g, na: 66 mg, cholesterol: 0