Yield 1 dozen
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp culinary lavender
- 2 tbsp margarine
- 1 cup non-fat buttermilk or soy milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- vegetable cooking spray
- 3 tbsp chopped walnuts
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl: cut in margarine with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Add buttermilk or soy milk and vanilla, stirring with a fork until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Drop dough by 2 heaping tablespoons, 2 inches apart onto baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle evenly with walnuts and remaining sugar.
- Bake 400°F for 15 to 17 minutes or until golden.