Makes 10 servings.
- 1¼ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup finely chopped almonds
- ¼ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1½ cups sour cream
- ½ cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 15-ounce container ricotta cheese
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1½ cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup rum
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine cracker crumbs, almonds, sugar and butter in medium mixing bowl.
- Press into bottom and one inch up sides of ungreased 9-inch spring-form pan.
- Combine rice, sour cream and butter in food processor or blender until well blended; set aside.
- Beat ricotta cheese, cream cheese and sugar in large mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
- Blend in rum, vanilla and reserved rice mixture.
- Pour filling into prepared crust.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour and 5 minutes.
- Turn oven off and leave cheesecake in oven an additional 2 hours (do not open oven door)
- Refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight.