Contributed by Tina at World Recipes Y-Group
- Makes one 9 x 13 inch cake
- 1 (18½ ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 2 pints part-skim ricotta cheese
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 (3 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Prepare cake mix as directed on box. Pour batter into 9 x 13 x 2 inch greased baking dish. Set aside.
- Combine ricotta cheese, sugar, vanilla, and eggs. Blend well.
- Spread mixture evenly over the top of the cake batter.
- Bake at 350°F (175°C) for 75 minutes if using a glass baking dish, 90 minutes if using a metal pan.
- Blend pudding mix and milk until thickened.
- Blend in whipped topping.
- Spread over cooled cake.