- Separate eggs into large mixing bowls.
- Gradually beat 1¼ cups sugar and salt into yolk mixture until very thick and light in color.
- Add orange juice, rind, and wine; beat at high speed until thick and light, about 3 minutes.
- Sift together meal, potato starch, and cinnamon; gradually fold into orange mixture until smoothly blended.
- Beat egg whites at highest speed until whites stand in peaks but are not dry.
- Beating continuously, make meringue by beating remaining ¼ cup sugar into whites, a tablespoon at a time.
- Fold meringue lightly into mixture.
- Fold nuts into batter gently.
- Turn into ungreased 10 inch tube pan with bottom lined with waxed paper.
- Bake at 325°F for 60 to 65 minutes or until cake springs back when touched lightly.
- Invert pan on funnel or suspend over cooling rack.
- Allow to hang 45 minutes.
- While slightly warm, remove by running sharp thin-bladed knife around side of pan with one long steady stroke.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.