- Separate eggs into large mixing bowl.
- Slowly beat 1 cup sugar and salt into yolks until thick and light in color.
- Add bananas, beat 3 minutes at highest speed.
- Stir meal, starch and cinnamon.
- Fold into banana mixture, add nuts.
- Beat egg whites at highest speed until peaks (not dry).
- Continue beating and make meringue by beating remaining ¼ cup sugar into whites, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Fold meringue into banana mixture.
- Turn into 10 inch tube pan (bottom lined with wax paper).
- Bake at 325°F for 70 to 75 minutes until springy to touch.
- Invert pan on funnel.
- Let hang 45 minutes.
- Remove while still warm.
- Run knife around side of cake.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.