If a recipe calls for a cake made with a yellow cake mix you can use this recipe as a substitute.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1¼ cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup fluid milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Set aside.
- Beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- To mix the cake add the flour mixture slowly to butter mixture in a large bowl, beating well.
- Add half of the flour mixture, then half of the milk and the vanilla.
- Mix, add the eggs, beating well after each addition.
- Add the remaining flour mixture, then the rest of the milk.
- Mix until smooth.
- Fill a greased, floured baking pan or 2 layer pans no than half full.
- Bake at 375°F (moderate oven) 25 to 35 minutes until cake springs back when lightly touched near center.