Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
A white cake substitute using Homemade Cake Mix
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray two 8" round cake pans or one 13" x 9" cake pan with nonstick baking spray containing flour and set aside.
- Pour one portion of the cake mix into a large bowl.
- Make a well in center of mix and add vanilla, butter, egg whites, and milk.
- Beat mixture 1 minute with electric mixer at low speed until blended.
- Scrape sides and bottom of bowl and beat 2 minutes longer at medium speed until batter is smooth.
- Pour into prepared pans and bake the layer cakes at 350°F for 20 – 30 minutes, or until cake springs back when pressed lightly in center and begins to pull away from edges of pan.
- For a 9" x 13" cake, bake for 25 – 35 minutes until the cake tests done.