- Servings: 8
- 1 pkg yeast; dry active
- 1 cup milk; scalded then cooled
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 5 eggs; large
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- lemon; rind of, grated
- ¾ cup raisins
- ⅓ cup almonds; ground (2 oz pk)
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 cup flour; unbleached, unsifted
- Sprinkle yeast into milk to dissolve.
- In a large bowl beat sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Stir in vanilla, lemon rind, raisins, and almonds.
- Mix salt and flour.
- Add milk and flour mixtures, alternately, ending with the flour mixture.
- Grease a gugelhopf mold 
, bundt pan, or tube pan.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Cover and let rise until doubled in bulk, about 2 hours.
- Bake in preheated 375°F.
- Oven for 40 minutes or until browned and done.
- Serve warm with butter.
- ↑ The gugelhopf mold is known also as a turban-head pan. If this is not available, you can use the others with the same results.