- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour two 8 or 9-inch round layer pans.
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking soda and salt into mixing bowl.
- Add shortening, ⅔ cup milk and vanilla.
- Beat vigorously for 2 minutes (300 strokes).
- You can use an electric mixer if you scrape the sides down often.
- Use medium speed.
- Add another ⅓ cup milk and eggs.
- Beat two minutes.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Finish with Quick Fudge Icing or store bought chocolate frosting.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.