- 1 teaspoonful salt
- 2 cupfuls brown sugar
- 1 cupful Crisco
- 1 cupful chopped Raisins
- 1 cupful chopped English walnut meats
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoonful powdered cinnamon
- ½ teaspoonful powdered allspice
- 1 teaspoonful powdered ginger
- 1½ teaspoonfuls baking soda
- 2 tablespoonfuls sour milk
- Cream Crisco and Sugar together
- Add salt, eggs well beaten, soda mixed with milk, spices, Raisins, nuts, and enough flour to make stiff dough. About 5 cupfuls flour will be sufficient.
- Roll out, cut with cookie cutter
- Lay on Criscoed tins and bake in moderate oven from ten to twelve minutes.
Sufficient for sixty cookies.