Fruit & Vegetable Recipes I by the South Carolina Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 6
- 1 can (8-ounce) crescent rolls
- 1 large cooking apple, peeled and cut into slices
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup half and half
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- 1 egg
- ½ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in small bowl.
- Separate dough in triangles and sprinkle with sugar mixture.
- Place a few apple slices on each triangle. Roll up and pinch ends of each crescent.
- Bake at 375°F for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Combine first five glaze ingredients in small bowl. Mix well.
- Drizzle glaze over crescents.