- Easter cheese cakes
- 8 oz cheddar cheese
- 4 oz halloumi or mozzarella
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp crushed dried mint
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- Sift the flour into a large bowl.
- Stir in the yeast, salt and sugar.
- Add the oil and enough water to make a firm dough.
- Knead for at least 5 minutes.
- Put into a polythene bag and leave to rise in a warm place for an hour.
- Coarsely grate the cheeses, add flour and baking powder then gradually stir in the mint and beaten eggs until you have a stiffish paste.
- Preheat the oven to 230°C / gas mark 8.
- Divide the dough into egg size pieces and roll into 4 " discs.
- Put a generous tbsp of filling in the centre of each disc and spread slightly.
- Pull the dough up at 4 points to make a square.
- Press the corners together to seal and leave to rise.