- Spray 9-inch round layer cake pan with cooking spray.
- Add brown sugar, corn syrup and lemon juice; stir to combine.
- Place pan in 350°F.
- Oven for 3 minutes.
- Arrange pear halves, rounded sides down, over melted brown sugar mixture.
- In large bowl combine flour, corn starch, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg.
- In medium bowl, using a fork or wire whisk, stir sugar and milk until sugar is almost dissolved.
- Add egg whites, corn syrup and vanilla; stir until blended.
- Gradually add to flour mixture; stir until smooth.
- Carefully spoon batter over pears, smoothing top.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean (do not underbake).
- Immediately run spatula around edge of pan and invert cake onto serving plate.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.