Makes about 2½ dozen.
- non-stick cooking spray
- 1½ cup flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup corn syrup, light or dark
- 3 egg whites
- Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- Stir in corn syrup and egg whites until blended (dough will be thick and slightly sticky).
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake in 350°F oven 7 to 9 minutes or just until set (cookies will be soft when pressed).
- Do not overbake.
- Cool on wire rack.
Nutritional information Edit
Each cookie provides: 0 g total fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 60 calories, 1 g protein, 13 g carbohydrate, 65 mg sodium