- 2 c. flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 6 tbsp. butter, cold and cut in 1/4 in. bits
- 1/2 c. milk
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 c. raisins (optional)
- Sift dry ingredients into a large bowl.
- Work in butter.
- Add all other ingredients and mix well.
- Knead on lightly floured surface about 15 times.
- Divide dough into two balls. Put each into a 6 inch circle. Cut circle into 6 wedges. #Brush surface with milk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Place on buttered cookie sheet 2 inches apart and bake 10–12 minutes until brown. #Serve with unsweetened whipped cream and fresh strawberry jam.