- Keep the sheets of fillo in a pile, covered with a damp towel to keep them from drying out.
- Brush each one with melted butter and place them on top of each other on a buttered baking sheet.
- But the buttered fillo sheets in a preheated 350F oven for about 10 minutes, until they are crisp and the top ones are slightly colored.
- When cool enough to handle, crush the pastry with your hands into pieces into a baking dish, sprinkling the nuts and raisins between the layers.
- Bring the milk and cream to a boil in a pan with the sugar and pour over the pastry.
- Sprinkle, if you like, with the cinnamon and return to the oven.
- Raise the heat to 425°F and bake for about 20 - 30 minutes, until slightly golden.
- Serve hot.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.