In Romanian: Pasca cu orez
Sweet bread dough Edit
- 2 lbs / 1 kg flour
- 10 oz / 300 g sugar
- 1½ cups milk
- 6 eggs
- 2 oz / 50 g yeast
- 7 oz / 200 g butter
- 2 tablespoons oil
- vanilla stick
- 1 cup rice
- 4 cups milk
- sugar to taste
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 6 oz / 150 g raisins
- a little vanilla
- Boil the rice with the milk and vanilla (as for rice with milk). Add salt.
- When done, let cool, then add sugar, yolks, butter, raisins and mix well.
- Add the whipped egg whites at the end.
- Roll a pencil thick sheet out of the sweet bread dough. Place in a baking pan.
- From another piece of dough form a long, finger thick roll and arrange it around the sheet, sticking to the walls of the pan.
- Place the filling within, without covering the roll on the edges.
- Make two more such dough rolls and place them over the filling in an X shape.
- After the cake has risen a bit in a warm place, use a little egg wash over the dough rolls.
- Set in the oven to bake. Remove from the pan when it is cold.