The Dutch recipe for cheesecake.
- 2 large eggs, separated
- ¼ cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- 1½ cups gouda cheese, grated
- ⅓ cup light cream or half-and-half
- ¼ cup unbleached flour
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon, rind of, grated
- ⅓ cup golden raisins
- Note: use an 8-inch tart pan in this recipe.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the egg yolks and ¼ cup of the confectioners' sugar until well blended - about 5 minutes.
- Beat in the cheese, cream, flour, lemon juice, lemon rind and raisins.
- Beat the egg whites until frothy, then gradually add the remaining confectioners' sugar and continue to beat until the whites form stiff peaks.
- Fold the egg whites into the cheese mixture.
- Pour the cheese mixture into the prepared crust and bake for 45 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature, then chill before serving.