There are many Dutch pastries and desserts made with almond paste. It's popular and delicious. This is a wonderful sweet bread recipe. The prep time includes soaking the cereal. Makes one very large loaf, or two loaves.
- 1 cup Grape nuts cereal
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup almond paste, cut into small pieces
- 2 teaspoons softened butter
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1½ cups sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Soak cereal in milk for one hour.
- Mix all the ingredients together when the cereal has been soaked.
- Pour into a loaf pan.
- Bake at 350°F for about 1 hour.