Always check the ingredients to make sure the product is vegan.
- saltines (20 or so)
- 12 oz chocolate chips
- 2 sticks of soy margarine OR butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup chopped nuts (I used almonds)
- Foil a 9 x 14 (or about that size) baking pan.
- Place one layer of the saltines on the bottom.
- Melt margarine and brown sugar on stove, stirring constantly.
- Bring to a boil, and boil for 3 minutes.
- Pour this over the saltines.
- Bake at 400°F for 5 – 7 minutes, until golden brown.
- Pour chocolate chips over it, and place it back in the oven for a minute or so until the chips are melted.
- Spread chocolate with a knife.
- Sprinkle with nuts.
- Let it cool and harden in the fridge overnight.