Delicious almond chocolate refridgerated cake.
- 90 g drinking chocolate
- 90 g cocoa powder
- 250 g unsalted butter, softened
- 100 g almonds, blanched, lightly roasted and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons water & 100 g sugar (For syrup)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 packet Marie biscuits, broken into small almond-sized pieces
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tbps almonds, blanched, lightly roasted and roughly chopped to garnish
- Grease a loaf tin with melted butter.
- Mix the cocoa, drinking chocolate and softened butter in a large mixing bowl and blend the mixture with a fork to form a thick paste. Add almonds and mix again.
- For the syrup, add the water and sugar and place over moderate heat, stirring continuously till the syrup has formed. Pour the syrup into the chocolate mixture and stir until they are well incorporated.
- Add the eggs, vanilla extract and the biscuits. Stir gently until the chocolate mixture coats the biscuits well.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared loaf tin, and with a wooden spoon press the mixture firmly down into the tin.
- Cover with foil, place in the fridge and leave overnight.
- To take cake out of the tin just simply dip the bottom into boiling water and turn cake upside down over a serving dish.
- Sprinkle the top with the chopped almonds and serve.