Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
Dense, moist and loaded with chocolate...a real chocolate lover's dream. This is a versatile recipe - feel free to switch out the chocolate chips for flavored baking bits, such as Andes Candies pieces, or other flavored chocolate chips. Trust me - if you make them with the mint bits, make a double batch or more - they'll disappear incredibly fast!
- 4 oz unsweetened chocolate (4 squares)
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1¼ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (or other flavored chocolate bits)
- Put the chocolate and butter into a saucepan. Cook over low heat until everything is melted and the mixture looks rich and glossy.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Add the flour, baking powder, salt and chocolate chips.
- Pour into a greased and floured 13 x 9" pan and spread evenly, making sure to either shake the pan or drop it from a low height to help break up air bubbles in the batter.
- Bake for 35 minutes at 350°F or until the brownies begin to pull away from the sides (or it passes the "toothpick test").
- Let cool completely in the pan before cutting into squares. Your yield may be more than two dozen depending on how small or large you cut the brownies.