1 serving (⅛ of pie) = 1 fruit, 1 fat, plus pie shell exchange calories = 88 plus pie shell calorie
- 9" unbaked pie shell
- 2 cup unsweetened cherries
- ¼ cup soft margarine
- 1 tbsp flour
- ½ cup sugar replacement
- 2 egg yolks
- ¼ cup evaporated milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tsp granulated sugar replacement
- Drain cherries; pout into unbaked pie shell.
- Cream margarine, flour, and sugar replacement.
- Add egg yolks and beat until smooth.
- Add evaporated milk and vanilla extract.
- Pour over cherries.
- Bake at 450°F for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- Whip egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Add granulated sugar replacement; whip until thick and stiff.
- Top pie filling with meringue, carefully sealing edges.
- Bake at 350°F for 12–15 minutes, or until delicately brown.