Fruit & Vegetable Recipes II by the South Carolina Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 8
- 4 eggs
- 1½ cups whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups cooked butternut squash
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell
- sweetened whipped cream
- Preheat over to 350°F.
- Beat eggs, whipping cream, cinnamon, and nutmeg together in large bowl. Stir in squash and brown sugar.
- Pour squash mixture into pie shell. Bake in 350°F. oven until custard appears set in center (about 60 to 70 minutes). Top with whipped cream